zondag 24 mei 2009

20% = painfull

Not much moth news from the past weekend. Last thursday I cycled the 160 km "Steven Rooks" classic. It was a successful effort of finishing this tour. More important I could complete all the climbs cycling and didn't had to resort to walking.
When I started cycling 2,5 months ago and someone told me that a climb of 15% is pretty of though I thought can't be that difficult as it seems like it that it can be 85 % more difficult. Little did I knew...
From experience I can tell now that a hill with a climbing percentage of 20% is painfull. There were two of those on this tour and these are climbs I will not easily forget. Although the muscle ache the day after was less then after a day hiking in the moth..
The rest of the weekend was very enjoyable as I spent it with my family.
Next stop will be Galway. Together with Constantijn I will manage the Team Puma bladeriders there. Looking forward to that.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten