donderdag 19 augustus 2010

Sun and dealing with the cards you have


Today the sun was out and it was very nice sailing weather with some good wind. From the picture you would even think we would be sailing in the Caribbean. However the water temperature was still very cold as the lake fills up with melted snow and the air temperature was also around 15 degrees....   So it was still needed to be fully suited up.

Unfortunately Koos, a Member of the dutch team could not fulfill his goal of finishing all races as his rudder broke down. When we left the boatpark in the evening he was still busy with the repairs. He was confident still to make it to the start tomorrow. I fore sure hope so !

Today I had two good starts and one bad one. However the sanding didn't fully solved the ventilation problem. So after rounding the top mark in the top ten I lost a lot places downwind. Could win some back upwind and losing more again the next downwind....
I know I shouldn't be bothering myself to much with this. As in competition you either make sure you have competitive material and be well prepared or otherwise you should not complain as you didn't prepare well enough. Still it is at the moment bit difficult to cope with the frustration for me on the race course. I think I will take a 'Zen' moment on one of the mountains here :-) And tomorrow morning I will try to enjoy the excellent competition, good atmosphere and 'handle the cards I have in positive way'

ps In the photo you see my boat as second from the group (with the Puma), I managed here to keep on foiling in lull and overtake a few boats at the top mark

3 opmerkingen:

  1. have u tried angling the rudder forward in the rudder box? that should reduce the air traveling down the shaft.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Kop op Boers, gelukkig heb jij je momenten al eerder gehad.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen