woensdag 18 augustus 2010

The ventilator


Today there was more wind and again no rain. The day started with a bit of luck. My forestay line broke and did some damage to my boom. The luck part was that this happened when the boat was still onshore. And I could get everything sorted prior to the start.

I managed to achieve my goal I set for myself yesterday and that is to improve on the starting. With the added breeze starting is always a bit easier as the line is not so crowded. However the first race was direclty a good start and i had good upwind speed and even some decent tacks. This resulted in going around the first mark in a tight group as 4th.
Then the downwind started and when i push a little bit directly my rudder ventilates. Losing a lot of places in the process as the more developed boats in the front of the fleet do not have this problem. I have to shake off a big spray at least 4 times every downwind.
The other two races i was also in the top ten at the first mark. But finished in the high teens or low 20's.
After the races i resanded the rudder.

After sailing we had sailors diner at one of the ski restaurants half way up the mountain. The view was very nice, attached a picture of the sailing area.

Tomorrow there will be no layday and 3 starts staring from13:00 onwards are planned.
So the goals for tomorrow will be do good starts and trynto lose less boats on the downwind.... At least it should make nice pictures a foiler with a big spray coming from the rudder.....




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten